We have a proactive approach to managing workplace safety and health. The traditional approaches were often reactive–that is, actions are taken only after a worker is injured or becomes sick, a new standard or regulation is published, or an outside inspection finds a problem that must be corrected.
Finding and fixing hazards before they cause injury or illness is a far more effective approach. Doing so avoids the direct and indirect costs of worker injuries and illnesses, and promotes a positive work environment; hence, shared value is created.
Our priority is on safe working conditions and ethical labor practices:
- We hire workers from the local community and provide them with good employee benefits and skills training.
- More than 60% of the GLG’s workforce in China are local workers who are provided skills and management training
- Regularly undergoing third-party CSR audits to validate compliance with globally-accepted standards for labor condition and practices:
GLG Policy: Commitment to Human Rights and Fair Labor Practices
• Aligned with International Labor Organization’s Decent Work Core Labor Standards
• Four key categories:
○ the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining,
○ the elimination of forced or compulsory labor,
○ the abolition of child labor, and
○ the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Accrediting and Auditing Entities / Certifications
Health and Work-Life Balance
Employee wellness is directly tied to our operational costs and productivity. Any lost workdays or diminished employee productivity, due to poor health, costs more than providing health benefits. Therefore, we invest in our employees health because we care about them, and they are the reason that we are a market leader. The following are the highlights of our benefits and practices:
- Pension insurance, medical insurance, unemployment insurance, work injury and maternity insurance
- Free accommodations are provided for migrant workers
- On campus chefs also provide meals three times per day for workers
- Leisure activities provided
- Overtime, when necessary, is carefully monitored and managed
- Encouragement of a healthy work-life balance
- Aim to match the best people to the most suitable position