We strongly believe in identifying and expanding the connections between societal and economic progress.
Investing in our most important partner, the farmers:
- While fair trade aims to increase the proportion of revenue that goes to poor farmers by paying them higher prices for the same crops, and though this may be a noble sentiment, fair trade is mostly about redistribution rather than expanding the overall amount of value created.
- Our policies instead focus on improving growing techniques. By increasing access to inputs, sharing technology, and providing financing, we improve supplier quality and productivity while ensuring access to growing volume.
- Through our policies, we work intensively with our growers, providing advice on farming practices, guaranteeing bank loans, and helping secure inputs such as plant stock, pesticides, and fertilizers. This results in greater yield per hectare and higher production quality, increased incomes for growers, and reduced environmental impact from our farms. In fact, the FFP allows farmers earn 2-3 times higher income .
Investing in our community:
- Our business provides significant economic stimulus for rural regions, as we have created over 1,000 jobs in rural China
- We continually look for ways to provide funding for local community improvements, such as maintenance for local roads, building of community infrastructure, and so on.
- We have donated to support relief for thousands of those affected by earthquakes in China
- Our company is recognized by the government as a model foreign enterprise
Our company’s philosophy of creating shared value has led us to be recognized by the local authorities as a model for a foreign enterprise.
Our sustainable business model is a key contributor for many households, especially in rural areas, to have access to sufficient, safe, healthy, nutritious, and economically feasible nutritious foods for future generations.